Bangla Sahib Gurudwara
Bangla Sahib Gurudwara is the most famous Sikh religion Gurudwara (Place of Pray) around the world. This Gurudwara is tributed to 8th Sikh guru “Guru Harkishan Guru Ji”. It is located on ‘Baba Kharag Singh Marg’, close to Connaught Place.
Bangla Sahib Tourist Attractions
- You can also find a school premise inside the complex of Gurudwara.
- There is also a big art gallery is available inside the complex of Gurudwara.
- The Complex of Gurudwara Bangla Sahib includes a large Holy “Sarovar” (Pond), this is the center of attraction of Gurudwara.
- Inside the Gurudwara complex, there are so many volunteers is available to help you and serve your food also.
- Drinking water section is also available inside the Gurudwara, and it is safe to drink.
- After that when you are entering the Gurudwara’s hall you can find a volunteer doing a pray holy hymn in a very loud voice by taking the name of Guru.
- Whole Bangla Sahib Gurudwara is constructed with only white marbles.
- Gurudwara holds a phenomenal combination of white marbles building with a Golden Dome.
- The Structure of Gurudwara is very large it will take a half day to see the whole place in one go.
- Normally there is a separate line for men and women while taking entry inside the hall of Gurudwara.
Explorer or Travler Tips
- On the time to go inside the Gurudwara complex you need to keep your head covered with a scarf, dupattas, saree-pallu, and handkerchief, etc.
- Shoes are not allowed inside the complex you need to submit your shoes at shoe-counters which is near to the entrance.
- Photography or video camera are not allowed inside the complex of Gurudwara.
- You need to maintain the silence inside the complex while doing pray.
- You need to take care of your personal belongings.
Things to Do in Gurudwara
- You need to attend the prayer session in a very positive manner to gain the spiritual experience which is performed inside the Gurudwara.
- Inside the Gurudwara, there is a reserved space of your selection in the ‘Yatri Niwas’, for an extended keep.
- Get holy Prasad (Karah) on your and your family members too.
- For the visitors, there are langar facilities is also available. You can eat langer with the other visitor inside the dining hall of Bangla Sahib.
- In the Langar’s menu, its includes green vegetables, Chapaaties, Dal, and Kheer also. Its basically fully vegetarian menus.
- There are lots of things that you have to learn about different historical occasions of Sikhism by seeing the Baba Baghel Singh gallery and Art Gallery.
- You can enjoy the “Sarovar” beauties which are inside the Gurudwara. This is the main center of attraction of Gurudwara during sunset time.
- Inside the Sarovar, there is lots of a different kind of Fish is available in different colors.
How to Reach Gurudwara
- If you want to travel with metro to visit Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, the nearest metro station is Shivaji Metro Station. It’s an Airport Express Line.
- Rajiv Chowk and Patel Chowk metro station are also the closest one to reach the Gurudwara.
- If you coming from another state by traveling with Indian railway then the nearest railway station is New Delhi. You can also hire taxies or other cabs to reach Gurudwara.
Visitor Information of Gurudwara.
- It is Famous For- Sikh Pilgrimage, Langar(Public Mood Meal), Spirituality, Sightseeing, Architecture, and Hospitality too.
- Entry is free for Indian as well as a foreigner too.
- If you want to take rooms on rent then you have to pay a charge for this. AC room’s 1000 INR per day. Non AC room’s 800 INR per day.
- There is no money is charged for staying inside the premises or hall of Gurudwara.
- The Gurudwara is open 24*7 each day of the year, including National holidays also.
- Langar Open Hours Time:-There is only vegetarian food is being served and timing is 9 am to 3 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm.